Here is what we are seeking in these negotiations. Help us make it possible.
With your active participation in our contract negotiation efforts, we intend to make progress on the following:
- Safe schools, with students focused on learning.
- Appropriate staffing levels, class sizes, and composition to meet our students’ needs.
- Real District support to enable us to meet the needs of our students.
- Adequate support from trained and appropriately compensated Educational Support Professionals so we can meet the needs of our students all day and every day.
- Qualified substitutes for our schools when needed, so our students are not short-changed.
- Compensation that reflects our education, responsibilities, and the complexity of our work, so that we can choose to live in our community, pay off our student loans, fairly contribute to our families’ budgets, and attract and retain the best educators for our students.
- Minimize non-instructional requirements and use of our time (paperwork, unnecessary meetings, technological impediments, etc.) so we can focus on teaching our students.
- Minimize District-required testing, so we can focus on student instruction.
- A respected voice in shaping our instruction, schools, District, and profession.