Northshore Administration Tries to Divide Educators and Schools
WE WILL NOT BE DIVIDED
Jeff Sherwood, the Executive Director of Human Resources is the key District decision-maker on labor-relations and bargaining for all NSD employees. We hope he reconsiders and recognizes that dividing educators is not a way to improve our schools, and it's not going to work. We will not be divided.
"DIVIDE AND CONQUER" IS BAD FOR NORTHSHORE
This is the norm where a union local includes more than one bargaining group. Even Boeing (generally not considered a pro-union/pro-employee company) negotiates together with its engineers and its technical employees for their separate contracts. They are both part of one local: SPEEA Local 2001, the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace. It is the norm in hospitals, hotels, and most of the economy where one union local includes multiple groups.
It is also the norm in every WEA local that includes teachers and support professionals: Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Tukwila, Mercer Island, and Federal Way. Unity is one of our core values-unity with each other and with our students and schools. We build unity in our classes. Administrators who ignore this don't understand education or educators. We will not be divided.
How to Help Achieve The Improvements We Need
- Be at the Contract or Action Vote meeting on Wednesday, June 8th at 4:15 pm at Inglemoor High School, unless you are sick.
- Be at your school's short NSEA meetings.
- Read your home emails from us and wear RED on designated days to show your support (you'll be getting your t-shirts soon!)
- Text the word NSEA to 41411 to get bargaining updates.
- Like us on facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Read our last newsletter for our bargaining goals.