Here is what we are seeking in these negotiations.
Help us make it possible.
- Safe schools, with students focused on learning.
- Appropriate staffing levels, class sizes, and composition to meet our students’ needs.
- Real District support to enable us to meet the needs of our students.
- Adequate support from trained and appropriately compensated Educational Support Professionals so we can meet the needs of our students all day and every day.
- Qualified substitutes for our schools when needed, so our students are not short-changed.
- Compensation that reflects our education, responsibilities, and the complexity of our work, so that we can choose to live in our community, pay off our student loans, fairly contribute to our families’ budgets, and attract and retain the best educators for our students.
- Minimize non-instructional requirements and use of our time (paperwork, unnecessary meetings, technological impediments, etc.) so we can focus on teaching our students.
- Minimize District-required testing, so we can focus on student instruction.
- A respected voice in shaping our instruction, schools, District, and profession.
Contract or Action Vote Meeting
Wednesday, June 8th
Inglemoor HS Gym
4:15 pm (doors open at 3:30)
Every Northshore educator—Certs and ESPs—must be at NSEA’s Contract or Action Vote meeting on Wednesday, June 8, unless they are sick. We will either vote on our new contracts OR we will vote on what action to take. If you are not there, it signifies to the administration and your bargaining team that you are fine with how things are. Vote to shape your future. No proxy votes. Please plan to carpool. This meeting is open to certificated and ESP members only.
Stay In The LoopBe the first to know what is going on with contract negotiations.
- On the web: northshoreea.blogspot.com
- Like us on facebook: facebook.com/northshoreea
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/NSEABargaining
- Get updates on your phone: Text the word NSEA to 41411 to get text updates. Text messaging rates may apply.
- Email: Bargaining updates are sent to your HOME email address. If you are not getting our messages at home account, check your spam/junk folders and your Promotions folder if you use gmail. Still nothing? Contact Lydia King (firstname.lastname@example.org)