Click here to read the tentative agreement overview provided at the meeting. The 2016-2017 school calendar (including the use of Early Release Days) is available here.
For the first time, NSEA bargained both Certificated and ESP contracts at the same table. Contract highlights include:
- provisions for safer schools for students and staff
- more opportunities for full-time positions for ESPs
- assistance for large Kindergarten classrooms
- increased support specifically for music, PE, libraries and special education.
- significantly more time for educators, fewer meetings, less paperwork and fewer unnecessary assessments so Northshore educators can focus on teaching students.
“I am very proud of our members’ unity to achieve these groundbreaking contracts. We are grateful for the leadership of Superintendent Reid in crafting an agreement with us that will benefit all of Northshore’s students,” NSEA President Tim Brittell said.
We could not have achieved this gains without your active involvements and commitment to each other. We educate Northshore and we are stronger together.