2016-2017 Building Rep Information
Each work site may have one Representative for every 15 Association members (cert and ESP) or major fraction thereof. Certs and ESPs may act as Building Reps. Let NSEA know who your Building Reps are ASAP (email Lydia).
2016-2017 Rep Council Meeting Dates
Rep Council meetings are held from 4:10 to 6:10 p.m. at the Bothell HS Library.
- Monday, September 19
- Monday, October 10
- Monday, November 14
- Monday, December 5 (Woodinville HS Library)
- Monday, January 23
- Monday, February 13 (canceled)
- Monday, March 13
- Monday, April 24
- Monday, May 8
- Monday, June 5
Building Reps are eligible for an NSEA dues reduction in June, 2017 if they attend 80% of monthly Rep Council meetings AND their building is represented at 90% of meetings.
While Building Reps are responsible for attending monthly Rep Council meetings and organizing their school, having a network in place is essential for effective communication. This network is the US Team—Union Support Team. NSEA’s goal is to have an active US Team at every work site. US Team members work with the Building Rep(s) to communicate with coworkers:
- Ask co-workers to be at monthly school Association meetings and other events.
- Hand distribute flyers.
- Sign up co-workers for actions such as phone banking.
If you are interested in joining your school's US Team, contact your Building Rep.
Building Rep: Organize Your School!
- 2016 Building Rep Checklist
- Recruit your Union Support (US) Team. Let NSEA know who will be on your US Team and get commitments from US Team members.
- Hold monthly 10-minute meetings.
- Remember the Dos and Don'ts of political organizing at your school.
- Get reimbursed for meeting treats/incentives (up to $100 per school for the school year).
- If you need help with filing a grievance or requesting a waiver to the contract, contact NSEA.
2017-2018 Rep Council Meeting Dates
Meetings are held from 4:30 to 6:30 pm; Location TBD.
- Monday, September 18
- Monday, October 16
- Monday, November 13
- Monday, December 4
- Monday, January 22
- Monday, February 12
- Monday, March 12
- Monday, April 30
- Monday, May 21
- Monday, June 4