Monday, November 30, 2020
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
NSEA is a member-led organization. Certs and ESP members are elected every two years and they meet monthly to set NSEA’s goals, budget, and provide leadership and direction. The 2019-2020 Exec Board members are:
- Tim Brittell, NSEA President
- Jon VandeMoortel, Cert VP, Northshore MS
- Robbi Reed, ESP VP, Woodmoor Elem
- Kristina Saunders, Sect./Treas., Lockwood Elem
- Gail Bauman, Northshore MS
- Lauren Dandridge, North Creek HS
- Amy Dussault, Northshore MS
- Tiffany Frane, North Creek HS
- Judy Harkess, Westhill Elem
- Patrick Holmes, Bothell HS
- Justine Hurley, Leota MS
- Melton Jefferson, North Creek HS
- Kim Leatherman, Sorenson ECC
- Nani Lium, ATP-Networks
- Tim Rhoades, Crystal Springs Elem
- Sheri Setzer, Canyon Park MS
- Calle Sullivan, Shelton View Elem
- Karyn Sullivan, Fernwood Elem
- Janet Tamura, Fernwood Elem
Thank you to outgoing members, Kimberly Rodriguez (Leota MS), Janine Schmoll (Sunrise Elem), and Adam White (Kenmore Elem), for their leadership and work on the Exec Board.
Posted by NSEA at Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Thursday, April 25, 2019
At the April 22, 2019 Rep Council meeting, Reps were presented with a nominations report, below. Nominations were also taken from the floor of the meeting. No additional candidates were nominated. Because none of the races were contested, Reps voted to approve the nominees by acclamation. The two year terms begin on July 1, 2019.
- President: Tim Brittell, NSEA
- Certificated Vice President: Jon VandeMoortel, NMS
- Exec Board – Cert Primary Elem: Calle Sullivan, SV
- Exec Board – Cert Middle School: Gail Bauman, NMS
- Exec Board – Cert Specialists: Tiffany Frane, NCHS
- Exec Board – Cert At-Large: Lauren Dandridge, NCHS
- Exec Board – ESP At-Large: Janet Tamura, FW
- Exec Board – ESP At-Large: Karyn Sullivan, FW
Congratulations to our new officers and Exec Board members. A big thank you to outgoing Exec Board members Adam White (Kenmore El) and Janine Schmoll (SR)!
Posted by NSEA at Thursday, April 25, 2019
Monday, March 18, 2019
Click here to register for the WEA Certification 101 Workshop on May 2, 2019 at Inglemoor HS.
Educator Certification Issues
Do you have questions about Washington state teacher certification and continuing education requirements, state policy updates, or support options? At the WEA Certification 101 Workshop, you will:
- Learn about recent policy changes affecting teacher certification, including timelines
- Explore the National Board Certification process and support options
- Review new certification renewal requirements, including Professional Growth Plans and STEM and TPEP professional development requirements.
Bring your laptop or device to review Washington State’s new E-Certification system for renewing your certificate, checking your expiration, and logging professional development events/hours.
This workshop is intended for Certificated members. WEA now has a separate Certification 101 training for Education Staff Associates. Reach out to NSEA if you are interested in having that training in your area.
This workshop is free for Certificated NSEA members as a union benefit.
Where and When?
Thurs., May 2, 2019
4:30 – 7:30 pm
(Pizza will be served)
15500 Simonds Rd NE,
Kenmore, WA 98028
Pizza and three clock hours provided.
Contact Lydia King with questions or if you have a specific dietary restrictions/allergies.
Posted by NSEA at Monday, March 18, 2019
Friday, March 1, 2019
Nominations are now open for the following Northshore Education Association positions:
· Certificated Vice President
· Certificated Exec Board: Primary Elementary
· Certificated Exec Board: Middle School
· Certificated Exec Board: Specialists
· Certificated Exec Board: At-Large
· ESP Exec Board: At-Large (2 positions)
All positions have a 2 year term of office, beginning on July 1, 2019.
To nominate yourself or someone else, please click here. Nominations must be made in writing and must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 29. The completed nomination form may be sent via intradistrict mail to the NSEA Office, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to 425-486-7154, or hand delivered to the NSEA Office (22522 29th Dr SE #205, Bothell 98021).
Nominations will also be accepted from the floor at the April 22, 2019 Representative Council Meeting at 4:30 pm at the Bothell HS Library.
The election of Northshore Education Association officers will be conducted by secret ballot using the internet, through SimplyVote election services, from May 7, 2019 to May 9, 2019. Elections will be conducted in accordance with procedures developed by the Elections Committee and approved by the Representative Council.
If you have any questions, contact the NSEA Elections Committee via email@example.com.
Posted by NSEA at Friday, March 01, 2019
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
We're heading to the bargaining table in 2019. Before we do, we need to hear your bargaining priorities!
- Take our bargaining survey (it will be sent to your home email address in February).
- Come to a Bargaining Pathway Forum. Get an update on where we are and have a chance to provide your input directly to the NSEA Bargaining Team.
- North Creek HS Commons: Wed., Feb. 27 @ 4:30 pm
- Inglemoor HS Library: Wed., March 6 @ 4:30 pm
- Bothell HS Library: Wed., March 13 @ 4:30 pm
- Woodinville HS Library: Wed., March 27 @ 4:30 pm
- Sign up for a 20-minute Constituent Group Timeslot (by appointment only):
- Thursday, March 14 at the Northshore EA Office
- Thursday, March 28 at the Northshore EA Office
|Click image to enlarge, or click here.|