We are excited for NSEA to take a new direction with the creation of grade level/content area groups this year. Each group will need a facilitator and that is the purpose of this email. Would you consider being a grade level or content area facilitator this year?
NSEA is seeking a lead facilitator for each of the following grade level/content area groups for the 2014-2015 school year. Leads will be responsible for facilitating regular group meetings throughout the school year, communication to and among group members, and communicating with NSEA leadership. Leads will receive an annual stipend of $300 from NSEA in June, 2015.
Grade Level/Content Area Groups (NOTE: The groups may include the following; other groups may be identified as the year unfolds. Contact NSEA if a group is missing from this list.)
• Pre-K and K
• 1st Grade
• 2nd Grade
• 3rd Grade
• 4th Grade
• 5th Grade
• 6th Grade
• Elementary Special Ed
• Secondary Special Ed
• English/Language Arts
• Social Studies
• World Language
• Cohort B
• National Board
• Lead colleagues in identifying and meeting professional needs
• Regular time for collaboration to discuss teaching and learning strategies, share what works, identify needs, share successes, and develop a deeper understanding around initiatives like Common Core, teacher evaluation, and curriculum changes as needed
• Inform and advise NSEA and the NSD Administration of needs and successes
• Attend two annual meetings with NSEA leadership after school (one in the fall; one at the end of the school year)
• Facilitate at least 3 group meetings
• Communicate meeting logistics with group members and NSEA
• Facilitate communication among group members outside of meetings
• If interested, submit your name, the grade level/content area group for which you would like to be considered as a lead, and the reason why you want to be a lead (500 words or less) to Lydia King (email@example.com) by Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
• Names will be submitted to the NSEA Exec Board meeting on October 6, 2014 for consideration. The Exec Board’s recommendations will be submitted to the NSEA Rep Council on October 13, 2014 for final approval.
• Candidates will be told their status by October 20, 2014.
Thank you for your interest. Even if you do not want to be a lead facilitator, we hope you will attend your grade level/content area’s group meetings this year!