Here are some highlights:
- The first day of school for students will be Wednesday, September 2. This was the clear choice for the majority of members who took the calendar survey.
- The last day of school will be Thursday, June 16 (unless there is snow!).
- Non-student days will be Tuesday, August 25, Wednesday, August 26, and Thursday, August 27.
- Grading days will be Monday, January 25 and Friday, June 17.
- Winter Break: Monday, December 21 through Friday, January 1 (back to school on Monday, January 4)
- Mid-Winter Break will remain a full week: Monday, February 15 through Friday, February 19.
- Spring Break will be scheduled as it is now, the second full week of April. For 2016, this will be Monday, April 11 through Friday, April 15
- Elementary: Parent/Teacher conferences will be moved to November (Monday, November 16, Tuesday, November 17, Thursday, November 19, and Friday, November 20). This move reflects the choice for an overwhelming majority of elementary survey respondents. Since the fall Parent/Teacher conferences were moved, the second round of conferencing was also moved. Instead of being held in February, they will be held on Thursday, March 3 and Friday, March 4.